Apparently only four churches have ever located in Haddam.
Heritage, written by Vivian Kolar, has a page on church history.
The information below is derived from that book.
United Methodist Church
Methodist Protestant Church (Upper Church) was organized in 1885.
Built on it's present location in 1902.
Basement built in 1932.
Remodeled in 1953.
Now the United Methodist Church.
Methodist Episcopal Church
Methodist Episcopal Church (Lower Church) building completed in 1888.
Services discontinued in 1920.
Note: Upper and Lower Church reference was because of their locations.
A third church was started in 1911 but the church disbanded after a few years.
Church of God
Church of God was organized on January 4, 1938.
Schoolhouse moved to town in 1950 which still serves as the church.
Return to Index
Anita Childerston, Webmaster
Revamped in 2012